Department Of Cardiothoracic Surgery
The cardiac surgery section provides expert care for major aortic surgery, coronary bypass, beating heart cardiac operations, arrhythmia surgery (the MAZE operation), and minimally invasive techniques. We also provide specialized care for heart failure patients including cardiac assist devices, ventricular restorative procedures, and heart transplantation.
The section of thoracic surgery offers specialized treatment of both benign and malignant diseases of the chest. We also offer special expertise in minimally invasive techniques in video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) including VATS lobectomy, minimally invasive esophageal resection.
Surgery we offer:
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (CABG) : This surgery is done to restore normal blood flow to heart muscle. The saphenous vein from the leg or the internal mammary artery (chest artery) may be used to create a bypass of the blocked section of coronary artery.
- Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery : This advanced procedure allows patients to undergo heart surgery without having to split the breastbone. With "minimally invasive cardiac surgery," doctors make a two-inch incision, insert a thoroscope with specially designed tools, and conduct the procedure.
- Left internal Mammary Artery Surgery
- Radial Artery Surgery
- Valve Replacement/Repair Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Valve Replacement Surgery
- Ross Procedure : This procedure replaces the aortic valve with the patient's own pulmonary valve, and the original pulmonary valve is then replaced with a cadaveric pulmonary valve.
- Bental Procedure : This procedure is done for patients who need aortic valve replacement in addition to replacement of the ascending aorta or aortic root.
- Mitral Valve Repairs and Replacements
- Aortic Valve Replacements
- Atrial Septic Defect Repairs (ASD) : This procedure is done to repair an atrial septal defect, or a lack of tissue between the two upper heart chambers.
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Defibrillator Insertion : A defibrillator is an electronic device used to establish normal heartbeat.
- Thoracic Aortic Procedure
- Pulmonary (lung) Procedures
- Esophageal Procedures
Dr. Mohammed Ali
Consultant (MD, DM)