Department Of Surgical Oncology
The main cancers, which require the services of surgical oncology division are, Head and Neck cancers, Breast cancers, Gastro Intestinal cancers, Thoracic malignancies, Genito-urinary malignancies, Soft tissue and bony tumors and Nervous system tumors, which include brain and spinal cord.
The department of Surgical Oncology offers both outpatient and inpatient services for screening , diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients . The department offers both minor and major operation theatre services including endoscopy for various kinds of cancer. In addition to patient care the Surgical Oncology department is actively involved in teaching and research activities also .The department offers advanced training for surgical post graduates in the field of surgical oncology.
Facilities at our Hospital augmenting the surgical oncology services:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies.
- Frozen section and other pathology services
- Specialised surgical intensive care unit
- Blood bank with facilities for blood component therapies
- Micro vascular reconstructive and prosthodontic support
- Facility of sentinel lymph node biopsy using gamma camera in addition to frozen
- Plans of starting endoscopic neck dissection ( 1st in India)
- Post graduates being trained in reconstructive procedures keeping oncoplasty principle in mind.
- Decision taken for all cases after TUMOUR board review
- Monthly symposium for the postgraduates in collaboration with dept of radiation oncology and medical oncology and surgical oncology for better understanding of disease and multimodal management
Dr. Sanjay Desai
Department Head & Consultant (MS, M.Ch.)
Dr. Dharmendra Mehta
Consultant (MS, FICS)
Dr. Deepak Agrawal
Dr. Mayank Pancholi
Consultant (MS. M.Ch.)